Sunderland Wills & Trusts Ltd (trading as Nicola Sunderland TEP) processes your data for the legitimate purpose of providing a will writing, estate planning and will and document storage service. We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and this policy explains how and why we process your personal data. We are registered in England & Wales under company registration number 10545201.
This policy together with our terms of business and your personal client care letter (if applicable.) sets out the basis on which any of your personal data we collect from you or other sources, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
What information do we collect about you?
- Information you give us in a face to face meeting or by corresponding with us by phone, email, letter, via our website (www.nicolasunderlandtep.co.uk) or otherwise. Examples of this information could include but is not limited to, your name, email, address, assets and family circumstances.
- Information, given to us with your permission, by your accountant, financial adviser or other introducer.
- Information collected by us from public sources such as the Land Registry.
How will we us the information about you?
- When collected, we will combine the data and process it to provide the service or services you have instructed on, using in-house technology or on external compliant sites (e.g. www.gov.uk)
How do we store your data and for how long?
- All information provided to us is stored on our secure computer systems or, where applicable, with our Will storage partners.
- If you have provided us with data but, after consideration, do not wish to proceed with our services we will keep your data for a maximum period of 2 years to enable us to assist you if you wish to reengage for our services.
- If you complete your Will, and/or other services, with us we will securely store your data indefinitely. This is in order to protect against any legal claims as well as to provide supporting information if your Will or other documents are ever questioned or contested.
How do we use your data in our marketing activity?
- Where you have opted in and give your consent to receive marketing communications from us, we will process your personal data to provide you with marketing communications in line with these preferences.
- We may contact you at least every 12 months to ensure you are happy to continue to receive such communications. If you tell us you no longer wish to receive such communications your personal data will be removed from our marketing list.
Sharing your data
- Unless legally obliged to do so or we are required to in order to fulfil our contractual obligations, we will only share your details with a third party with your express permission – such as using an offsite storage service, providing your adviser with a copy of your legal documents. Any third parties to whom we pass your information are obliged to store your details securely and when they no longer require your personal data will dispose of this accordingly and in line with our policy.
Accessing your data and exercising your rights
- You have the right to see what personal data we hold on you and how this is processed. If you would like to request this please email or write to us at the addresses at the end of this policy, providing the necessary identification (passport, photo driving license, recent utility bill (last 3 months) or notarised ID documentation). You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
- Cookies are used on this website to improve your user experience. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer when you visit a website. Our cookies are simply to determine that you are a return user and for use in our website analytics. Our analytics cookie recognises the number of hits to our website and the areas of the website that visitors are using. We use this information to improve our website.
- Most importantly our cookies do not contain any personal data, you cannot be personally identified. You can configure your browser to not accept cookies, details of which can be found here. This may limit your browsing experience of our site and not all areas of the site may work correctly for you.
- Session cookies – This is needed for the website to run, and it does not collect any information about the user.
- Google Analytics – Google Analytics sets cookies to help us accurately estimate the number of visitors to the website and volumes of usage. The cookies Google analytics sets are: utma, __utmb, __utmc, _utmz. For more information about Google Analytics visit the Google Analytics website.[/callout]
We also may extract certain information from your data for the purpose of generating statistics but it is not possible to identify you from these statistics.
Links to Other Websites
Changes to our policy
- If you have any questions on this policy please write to us at 50, School Road, Colchester, Essex, CO6 1BU or email: email@example.com
Last updated 22.05.18